Re: Custom text type for title text

From: Fabrízio de Royes Mello <fabriziomello(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Daniel Heath <daniel(at)heath(dot)cc>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Custom text type for title text
Date: 2019-01-03 23:52:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Em qui, 3 de jan de 2019 às 20:53, Daniel Heath <daniel(at)heath(dot)cc> escreveu:

> Would this also be appropriate for inclusion as contrib? I'm unfamiliar
> with the policy for what is / is not included there.

Please do not top post.

At first I recommend you implement it as an extension (using gitlab,
github, bitbucket or something else) and after you have a stable working
code maybe you should try to send it as a contrib module and then the
community will decide to accept it or not.

PostgreSQL is extensible enough to you provide this piece of work without
care with the community decisions. What I mean is you necessarily don’t
need to send it as a contrib module, just maintain it as a separate
extension project.

Regards,

--
Fabrízio de Royes Mello Timbira - http://www.timbira.com.br/