Re: security labels on databases are bad for dump & restore

From: Fabrízio de Royes Mello <fabriziomello(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adam Brightwell <adam(dot)brightwell(at)crunchydatasolutions(dot)com>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: security labels on databases are bad for dump & restore
Date: 2015-07-22 19:59:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 4:42 PM, Adam Brightwell <
adam(dot)brightwell(at)crunchydatasolutions(dot)com> wrote:

> [...]
>
> Also, I think this would potentially conflict with what Fabrízio is
> doing with CURRENT_DATABASE on COMMENT, though, I think it might be a
> preferable solution.

Unfortunately this code is a bit weird and will be better to move to the
next commitfest (I have no time to improve it yet), so we can join efforts
and implement all ideas and make the reviewers life easier with a more
consistency patch.

Seems reasonable?

Regards,

--