Inputs Appreciated - Calling pgsql stored proc with user defined sql types from java using pgsql-jdbc

From: Venkateswar Reddy Melachervu <vmelachervu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Inputs Appreciated - Calling pgsql stored proc with user defined sql types from java using pgsql-jdbc
Date: 2014-03-28 05:08:56
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello All,
Any inputs/pointers for the below are highly appreciated.

Problem
When trying to conn.registerOutParameter(2,
Types.STRUCT,"type_customer_details_for_subscription") for a pgsql stored
proc with user defined type from java1.7 using jdbc41 pgsql driver to
pgsql9.3 is resulting in error when type maps are used -
SQLFeatureNotSupportedException: Method
org.postgresql.jdbc4.Jdbc4CallableStatement.registerOutParameter(int,int,String)
is not yet implemented.

Somehow I was under the impression that struct for sql is base type and
pgsql jdbc driver can support it. But going by above exception message, it
it not. am I doing something wrong (have to create some struct pointers
etc. before registering the type) or it is the way pgsql jdbc driver is
built. Is there any way out - any pointer?

--
Regards,
Venkateswar Reddy Melachervu