Re: Index only scans for expressional indices when querying for the expression

From: Danny Shemesh <dany74q(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Index only scans for expressional indices when querying for the expression
Date: 2022-08-04 14:03:22
Lists: pgsql-general

A-ha, interesting !

I think we have some specific use cases where it'd be worth the overhead,
I'd need to measure it, though;

Do you think there'd be room to accept a contribution for such
functionality with a disabled-by-default pg setting,
or are you skeptical it would ever be worth the trade-off ?

Thanks again,
Danny