Passwordcheck configuration

From: Dave Hughes <dhughes20(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Passwordcheck configuration
Date: 2020-03-19 22:24:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,
I have a requirement to set some password complexity for our database such
as length of password, upper case, lower case, special characters,
expiration limit, reuse, etc.

I saw there was a module you can use for this called passwordcheck. Seems
easy to install, but I don't see how you can configure it for you specific
needs? The documentation (
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/passwordcheck.html) says it can be
configured using CrackLib, but again I don't see "how" you go about setting
this up.

Does anyone know of any documentation that shows you "how" to set up
specific requirements?

Thanks in advance,
Dave Hughes