Re: [GSoC][Patch] Automatic Mode Detection V1

From: Yosry Muhammad <yosrym93(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GSoC][Patch] Automatic Mode Detection V1
Date: 2019-06-16 14:09:55
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

This is a patch fixing a problem with the above patch that happened when:
- primary key columns are renamed.
- other columns are renamed to be like primary key columns.

This problem happened mainly because the primary keys are identified in the
front-end by their names. This can be handled in a better way in a future
update where columns that are primary keys are identified by the backend
and sent to the frontend instead.
Also, renamed columns can be handled better by making them read-only in a
future update (now they are editable but they cannot be updated as a column
with the new name does not exist - it produces an error message to the
user).

Waiting for your feedback. Thanks !

--
*Yosry Muhammad Yosry*

Computer Engineering student,
The Faculty of Engineering,
Cairo University (2021).
Class representative of CMP 2021.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/yosrym93/

Attachment Content-Type Size
query_tool_automatic_mode_switch_v1_fix1.patch text/x-patch 3.3 KB