Re: [GSoC][Patch] Automatic Mode Detection V1

From: Yosry Muhammad <yosrym93(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Aditya Toshniwal <aditya(dot)toshniwal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GSoC][Patch] Automatic Mode Detection V1
Date: 2019-06-25 15:16:32
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

OK. Yosry, How about storing the mogirfied query in the cookie/session when
> the query is executed and then modifying query history storing logic to use
> it when called ? This way you will not need to change any parsing when
> query history is displayed.
>
>> --

My problem is not where to store the mogrified query, I can just replace
the sql sent with the response to saving the data with the mogrified one.
In order to produce the mogrified query in the first place I need a
psycopg2.cursor object, but I only have access to a Connection object (the
wrapper, not the actual psycopg2.connection object). Should I modify that
wrapper Connection class to add a mogirfy function? or just get a cursor
using the psycopg2.connection object like this: conn.conn.cursor() - which
doesn't seem right. Thoughts?

Also, could you please help me with the selenium TimeoutException in the
feature tests? 3 tests are failing because of that exception and I am not
sure what is it related to. I am attaching the feature test log file in
this email if you would like to take a look on it.

Thanks !

--
*Yosry Muhammad Yosry*

Computer Engineering student,