Re: Skip collecting decoded changes of already-aborted transactions

From: Ajin Cherian <itsajin(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>, Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Skip collecting decoded changes of already-aborted transactions
Date: 2024-03-15 04:20:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Mar 15, 2024 at 3:17 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> I resumed working on this item. I've attached the new version patch.
>
> I rebased the patch to the current HEAD and updated comments and
> commit messages. The patch is straightforward and I'm somewhat
> satisfied with it, but I'm thinking of adding some tests for it.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Masahiko Sawada
> Amazon Web Services: https://aws.amazon.com

I just had a look at the patch, the patch no longer applies because of a
removal of a header in a recent commit. Overall the patch looks fine, and I
didn't find any issues. Some cosmetic comments:
in ReorderBufferCheckTXNAbort()
+ /* Quick return if we've already knew the transaction status */
+ if (txn->aborted)
+ return true;

knew/know

/*
+ * If logical_replication_mode is "immediate", we don't check the
+ * transaction status so the caller always process this transaction.
+ */
+ if (debug_logical_replication_streaming ==
DEBUG_LOGICAL_REP_STREAMING_IMMEDIATE)
+ return false;

/process/processes

regards,