Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Fixed RM 2324 - PostGIS datatypes not showing up properly on SQL tab.

From: Khushboo Vashi <khushboo(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Fixed RM 2324 - PostGIS datatypes not showing up properly on SQL tab.
Date: 2017-06-09 09:18:12
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

Please find the attached updated patch.

Fixed the PostGIS Datatypes in SQL tab, Create / Update dialogues for
Table, Column, Foreign Table and Type node.

Regarding the review comment given by Dave (Also, I there should be a
space between the , and value in the_geom geometry(MultiPolygon,3310).),
won't be fixed as this format is returned by format_type() function itself.

As per the conversation with Dave, I have logged RM #2473
<https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/2473> to add support for PostGIS
Datatypes.

Thanks,
Khushboo

On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 6:49 PM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 2:15 PM, Khushboo Vashi <
> khushboo(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>

>> On 6 Jun 2017 18:36, "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
>>

>> On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 1:23 PM, Khushboo Vashi <
>> khushboo(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>>

>>> On 6 Jun 2017 17:42, "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> The table and column dialogues seem to have related problems. For
>>> example, the table dialogue shows the length of the geometry field in the
>>> test case as 847,380, whilst the column dialogue shows no length at all.
>>>
>>> What should be there in length and precision fields in this case?
>>>

>> I have no idea :-). What did pgAdmin 3 do here? I assume there's some way
>> to decode the typmod into the desired values, and map them back to
>> appropriate SQL.
>>
>> I will try to figure out the way.
>> pgAdmin 3 has the same issue, so I have asked for the suggestion.
>>

> Oh, OK - thanks. Maybe we need to reuse the length and precision fields
> for these types. That is, I believe, essentially how PostGIS passes extra
> info to the column definitions.
>

>>> Also, I there should be a space between the , and value in the_geom
>>> geometry(MultiPolygon,3310).
>>>
>>> Thanks.

>>> --
>>> Dave Page