Re: Trouble connecting to Server: Master Password Error Message

From: Khushboo Vashi <khushboo(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Ald Matias <amatias(at)atlassian(dot)com>
Cc: pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Trouble connecting to Server: Master Password Error Message
Date: 2019-09-18 03:31:31
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 8:12 PM Ald Matias <amatias(at)atlassian(dot)com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've tried a few times looking for a resolution but have not successfully
> found one.
>
> I am having trouble connecting to the server. I created a Master Password
> as instructed but getting a Fatal Error Message (screenshot attached).
> I removed the program and re-downloaded but still running into the same
> issue.
>
> [image: Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 12.48.53 PM.png]
>
> Please advise.

I think you are getting confused with master password and database server
password.
A master password is required to secure and later unlock the saved server
passwords, For more details see the documentation:
https://www.pgadmin.org/docs/pgadmin4/4.12/master_password.html

This error is for database server password.

Thanks,
Khushboo