Re: Kerberos with pgAdmin v3

From: Khushboo Vashi <khushboo(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Amit jain <amit7(dot)jain(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgadmin-support lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Kerberos with pgAdmin v3
Date: 2021-08-17 04:21:11
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 16, 2021 at 7:07 PM Amit jain <amit7(dot)jain(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We need to connect the kerberos postgresql/greenplum instance with the
> pgAdmin v3 version. I couldn't find any settings in pgAdmin v3 to put
> kerberos as authentication type and put file location of krb5.conf or and
> user credentials cache location.
>
> Any help to get connected with pgAdmin with kerberized Database will be
> appreciated.
>
> pgAdminv4 - it needs to tweak some browser settings which are blocked in
> my organisation so I want to give it a try with pgAdmin v3 now.

pgAdmin 4 Desktop mode (single user mode) *does not* need any settings to
connect the postgresql instance using Kerberos. So, if your setup is ready
to use Kerberos to connect PostgreSQL, you can connect the server using
Kerberos in pgAdmin 4.
If you want to use server mode (multi user mode), then you need all the
settings you mentioned above.

Thanks,
Khushboo

Regards,