Re: askin for LDAP configuration

From: Khushboo Vashi <khushboo(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Salih Zengin <salih(dot)zengin(at)sellics(dot)com>
Cc: "pgadmin-support lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: askin for LDAP configuration
Date: 2021-01-11 04:50:57
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

Please provide the sample ldapsearch command which you use to connect the
ldap server.

Also, go through the documentation (
https://www.pgadmin.org/docs/pgadmin4/4.29/enabling_ldap_authentication.html)
which provides the details of all the necessary parameters to be set.

Thanks,
Khushboo

On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 3:19 PM Salih Zengin <salih(dot)zengin(at)sellics(dot)com>
wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I am trying to setup our Azure ADDS LDAP with pgadmin.
> I have two problems where I cant find a good solution.
> - name: PGADMIN_CONFIG_LDAP_USERNAME_ATTRIBUTE
> value: "'cn'"
> This is only working for cn for me. userPrincipalName, mail or
> sAMAccountName as attribute are not working, idk why. We have some
> users with special character in their cn, and also in general this
> should be classic the account name.
>
> I want to limited the user access. When I use this, it is also not working:
> - name: PGADMIN_CONFIG_LDAP_BASE_DN
> value:
> "'(&(objectClass=user)(|(memberof=CN=ldap_PGadmin,OU=AADDC
> Users,DC=xxxyyy,DC=com)))'"

To limit the user's access, you can use the LDAP_SEARCH_FILTER config
parameter. You can find the details in the documentation.

Of course the general BASE_DN works and find my cn user