Re: pg_basebackup: return value 1: reason?

From: Andrej Vanek <andrej(dot)vanek(dot)sk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_basebackup: return value 1: reason?
Date: 2016-04-17 19:13:08
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello Adrian,

I tried to use -U without "su"- launched directly by root: same behaviour.
Finally I reverted my script to use standard backup (pg_start_backup;
rsync; pg_stop_backup)- this works- the only downside is possible
collisions with on-line backup/synchronizaiton of other two nodes on master
node...

Back to the pg_basebackup issue: it is clear to me that this is an issue of
environment which launched pg_basebackup.
Possibly either some privileges or some kernel parameters/limits. Who
knows?
pg_basebackup which fails to do some its work (pg_basebackup: could not
wait for child process: No child processes)- probably due to some failing
system call.

How can I report to clusterlabs: What system call fails in pg_basebackup?

Best Regards, Andrej