Re: Debugging postgres on Windows - could not open directory "/lib"

From: Cathy Xie <cathy(dot)xyy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Debugging postgres on Windows - could not open directory "/lib"
Date: 2023-02-22 01:18:12
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Feb 22, 2023 at 6:54 AM Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
wrote:

> On 2/21/23 14:12, Cathy Xie wrote:
> > To whom it may concern,
> >
> > I'm trying to build and debug postgresql on Windows. After building
> > successfully, a file named pgsql.sln was generated. I opened it in
> > Visual Studio 2022, and set 'postgres' as the single startup project.
> > But when I started debugging it, the error came out:
> >
> > 'FATAL: could not open directory "/lib": No such file or directory.
> >
> > Here is my 'pgsql' Property setting in Visual Studio:
> > Screenshot_20230221_052101.png
> >
> > I would greatly appreciate it if someone could give me some suggestions
> > on how to fix this issue.

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your email!

> 1) How did you build it?

I installed ActivateState Perl, Bison, and Flex. Then I ran the command
```build Debug``` under directory postgres/src/tools/msvc

> 2) Open pgsql.sln in a text editor and report the results here.

Here was the result when I opened pgsql.sln in Visual Studio 2022, and ran
the postgres.exe.

[image: Screenshot_20230222_091621.png]

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks!
Cathy