Re: Trouble installing psycopg2

From: Augori <augori(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Trouble installing psycopg2
Date: 2013-09-26 21:14:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Okay, I'm sorry for the questions. But I'm really confused about where
things are being installed. I know that yum installed it under 2.4
site-packages because I checked for it inside there before and after I ran
the yum command.

There is an easy_install.pth file under /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-
packages/ as well, but would that be invoked when I call easy_install when
I'm logged in as root?

As for 2.6, that would be fine, but I don't seem to have a
/user/bin/python2.6 (whereas, I do have a /user/bin/python2.4). Maybe it's
because I'm on CentOS5, which comes with 2.4.

I tried to use the rpm --prefix flag to move the rpm, but to no avail.