Re: Trouble installing psycopg2

From: Augori <augori(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Trouble installing psycopg2
Date: 2013-09-29 18:06:30
Lists: pgsql-general

Hmm maybe you're right. I just tried starting over again from a directory
under joshmoe, following the tutorial again, but I get permssions errors at
every turn.

# wget http://python.org/ftp/python/2.7.3/Python-2.7.3.tar.bz2
# tar xf Python-2.7.3.tar.bz2
# cd Python-2.7.3
# ./configure --prefix=/usr/local
# make && make altinstall

Running the make && make altinstall looks okay for a bit (maybe during the
build), but then fas with the permissions errors below:

Failed to build these modules:
_sqlite3

running build_scripts
creating build/scripts-2.7
copying and adjusting
/home/realmark/public_html/cronjobs/gisSupportCode/Pyth
on-2.7.3/Tools/scripts/pydoc -> build/scripts-2.7
copying and adjusting
/home/realmark/public_html/cronjobs/gisSupportCode/Pyth
on-2.7.3/Tools/scripts/idle -> build/scripts-2.7
copying and adjusting
/home/realmark/public_html/cronjobs/gisSupportCode/Pyth
on-2.7.3/Tools/scripts/2to3 -> build/scripts-2.7
copying and adjusting
/home/realmark/public_html/cronjobs/gisSupportCode/Pyth
on-2.7.3/Lib/smtpd.py -> build/scripts-2.7
changing mode of build/scripts-2.7/pydoc from 644 to 755
changing mode of build/scripts-2.7/idle from 644 to 755
changing mode of build/scripts-2.7/2to3 from 644 to 755
changing mode of build/scripts-2.7/smtpd.py from 644 to 755
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ./Tools/gdb/libpython.py python-gdb.py
/usr/bin/install -c python /usr/local/bin/python2.7
/usr/bin/install: cannot remove `/usr/local/bin/python2.7': Permission
denied
make: *** [altbininstall] Error 1

Since it's already their, I thought maybe I could skip to these steps but
they give permission errors as well

# wget http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/d/distribute/distribute-0.6.35.tar.gz
# tar xf distribute-0.6.35.tar.gz
# cd distribute-0.6.35
# python2.7 setup.py install

I guess this is the reason I started installing things from root.