Re: BUG #18082: coredump during initdb

From: John Naylor <john(dot)naylor(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Duke Astar <dukeastar(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #18082: coredump during initdb
Date: 2023-09-05 10:21:49
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Sep 5, 2023 at 2:58 PM Duke Astar <dukeastar(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I made some research to found what is the minimum linux kernel, libc,
requirements without any success on postgresql.org
> I found a general info on
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/supported-platforms.html which says
"PostgreSQL can be expected to work on these operating systems: Linux (all
recent distributions)" without any more details.

I don't think we have hard-and-fast guarantees on this matter, but this
page:

https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_members.pl

...shows what platforms are currently being tested regularly, and on which
PG versions.

--
John Naylor
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com