Re: Want function to be called only once in query

From: Steve Pritchard <steve(dot)pritchard(at)bto(dot)org>
To: Jim Mlodgenski <jimmy76(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql Performance <pgsql-performance(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Want function to be called only once in query
Date: 2021-09-16 11:07:53
Lists: pgsql-performance

> Add the MATERIALIZED keyword to the WITH statement

Many thanks Jim, that's just what I needed - that does the trick.

It's hard to keep abreast of these SQL changes. Thank goodness for mailing
lists!

Steve

--
Steve Pritchard
Database Developer

British Trust for Ornithology, The Nunnery, Thetford, Norfolk IP24 2PU, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1842 750050, fax: +44 (0)1842 750030
Registered Charity No 216652 (England & Wales) No SC039193 (Scotland)
Company Limited by Guarantee No 357284 (England & Wales)