Re: Need Support to Upgrade from 13.6 to 15.3

From: Dippu Kumar <dippu(dot)k(at)deeplynx(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Need Support to Upgrade from 13.6 to 15.3
Date: 2023-05-19 13:25:56
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello Tom Lane,
Thank you for your response! I really appreciate it.
I don't know why I couldn't make it well. I got tired after doing many
approaches.
I tried 3 approaches for this :
*Approach 1* :
I tried with a new instance installed postgresql version 13 then created
some test DB, and inserts a few data into a table. Then update version 15,
I can see all data - *Succeed*
*Approach 2 *:
I tried with a new instance installed postgresql version 13 then created an
Image of this instance and launched a new instance using this image (AMIs).
Then update version 15, I can see all data of version 13 - *Succeed*
*Approach 3 : *
I launch a new instance using the latest image of our postgresql
instance. Then update version 15, it shows error - *Failed*
=> Reasons or error :
/usr/lib/postgresql/15/bin/pg_upgrade: symbol lookup error:
/usr/lib/postgresql/15/bin/pg_upgrade: undefined symbol: PQmblenBounded

- Always get *PQmblenBounded *error whenever I try to execute
postgresql binary.
*Information:*
* -* I'm using Postgresql 13.6 which is hosted on Ubuntu ( 18.04.6 LTS,
Codename : bionic)
- DB Data is more than 650 GB so I can't go with *pgdump *option
You suggested that I fix a dynamic linker but I always get some errors and
finally I am stuck in a loop of these solutions.
If I try to fix one another problem come up.
Please suggest steps to complete this task.I'm writing to you as a last
option, I stopped searching on google.

*Thanks & Regards*
*Dippu*