Re: Bloated pg_catalog.pg_largeobjects

From: khan Affan <bawag773(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: postgresql(at)thewickedtribe(dot)net
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bloated pg_catalog.pg_largeobjects
Date: 2024-07-22 11:21:22
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi

I would suggest to backup your DB before doing such a thing.

Run Vaccum Full, (VACUUM FULL pg_catalog.pg_largeobject) Running this on
the system table might be risky Make sure you backup the database.

& if you are using PG version above 9.1 use Pg_repack to reclaim the space.

Note: It can be disruptive, so planning and preparing for potential
downtime is essential.

Thanks & regards

*Muhammad Affan (*아판*)*

*PostgreSQL Technical Support Engineer** / Pakistan R&D*

Interlace Plaza 4th floor Twinhub office 32 I8 Markaz, Islamabad, Pakistan