Re: Pg_repack

From: khan Affan <bawag773(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Sathish Reddy <sathishreddy(dot)postgresql(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, keith(dot)fiske(at)crunchydata(dot)com, Keith <keith(at)keithf4(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Pg_repack
Date: 2024-07-23 05:43:10
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi

First, use Vaccum Full or Vaccumlo if storing largeobject for clearing
bloat, If you are running a script, dump it outside the RDS, such as you
can dump it to EC2, and then apply PG_repack on the schema and then restore
it to RDS.

As you know such services are not available on RDS.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/vacuumlo.html

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-vacuum.html

Thanks & regards

*Muhammad Affan (*아판*)*

*PostgreSQL Technical Support Engineer** / Pakistan R&D*

Interlace Plaza 4th floor Twinhub office 32 I8 Markaz, Islamabad, Pakistan