ossp-uuid (8.4) for FreeBSD

From: Matej Serc <mailing(at)tam(dot)si>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ossp-uuid (8.4) for FreeBSD
Date: 2011-07-06 08:45:49
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I am trying to install ossp-uuid for PGSQL in FreeBSD 7.2 but having
problems getting it to work on 8.4 - I got it working with server version
8.3 and uuid-freebsd (http://pgfoundry.org/projects/uuid-freebsd/). When I
install postgresql84-contrib I get errors when I enable it, but when using
uuid-freebsd it seems that it's for 8.3 version and not working with 8.4. I
am very limited by time and have no more ideas what to do - but 8.4 PGSQL
version on that system is currently the main requirement.

I really need to get it working.

Thank you very much for any help and ideas in advance.
Matej