MySQL Blackhole Engine

From: Deron <fecastle(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: MySQL Blackhole Engine
Date: 2012-11-06 23:07:21
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

We are looking at integrating a 3rd party application. They currently use
MySQL for their database solution. We are asking them to see about porting
to PostgreSQL. One of the issues they are running into is that they use
MySQL "BLACKHOLE" storage engine.

I don't honestly know what this is used for. Of course I did know what
/dev/null was used for until I started using it. So maybe this has some
merit? Is there some sort of equivelent structure in PG?

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/blackhole-storage-engine.html

Thanks,

Deron