Re: call for applications: mentoring program for code contributors

From: Ahmed Yarub Hani Al Nuaimi <ahmedyarubhani(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: call for applications: mentoring program for code contributors
Date: 2024-07-02 20:27:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Robert,

I loved this initiative. Please allow me to introduce myself: I have been
using Postgres for 10 years both as a backend developer connecting to a
Postgres cluster, a DBA, and also I studied thoroughly the code of Postgres
and some plugins. I'm currently working on an ambitious plan to have
lock-free full vacuum and continuous ordering of a clustered index.
My first step in this effort is creating a DataGrip plugin that shows
various related stats and most importantly a visual view of the data pages
where we can see the ordering and fragmentation of the pages.
I do have the complete plan in my head and the DataGrip plugin itself is
50% done. However, having a mentor/partner would help a lot if that is a
possibility.

Regards,
Ahmed