Re: TCP/IP connections refused

From: Sushant Pawar <sushantxp(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: soumik(dot)bhattacharjee(at)kpn(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: TCP/IP connections refused
Date: 2020-10-29 10:05:03
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

You might have already checked but I would suggest checking that the IP
address in pg_hba.conf file is the same client IP for which you have
received the error. For eg. when the error is *Connection to
192.168.42.123:5432 <http://192.168.42.123:5432> refused. * I would add
192.168.42.123 in pg_hba file. This can be your application gateway which
may differ from the actual application server IP.

Please check if Postgres is accepting a connection on port 5432. It may
happen that postgresql.auto.conf may have a different port specified in it.
You can cross verify entries in the postmaster.pid file for listen_address
and port number on which Postgres instance is accepting the connection.

Regards
Sushant