Sequences / Replication

From: Jonathan Eastgate <jonathan(dot)eastgate(at)simpro(dot)co>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Sequences / Replication
Date: 2016-10-20 08:03:03
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi everyone.

We're seeing some odd behaviour from a PostgreSQL group - one running as
primary and the other as a hot slave using streaming replication.

When a failover event occurs and we switch to the hot slave as primary
sequences in tables jump by 33 - so where the last number allocated in the
sequence was 100 prior to failover once adding the next entry the sequence
will produce the number 133.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38450394/postgresql-sequence-jump-30-or-33-number-with-cache-equals-1

I've found the following post in the forums - but any advice on how to
resolve or counter this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

*Jonathan J. Eastgate*
Chief Technology Officer | simPRO Software Group
Ph: 1300 139 467 +61 7 3147 8777

<http://simprogroup.com/au/email-redirect>

Keep up to date with simPRO at: http://simprogroup.com/blog
The contents of this email are subject to our email disclaimer
<http://simprogroup.com/au/legal/email-confidentiality-notice>.