Re: Feature request (or at least discussion): enable autovaccum on temp tables

From: Ivan Voras <ivoras(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adam Brusselback <adambrusselback(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Feature request (or at least discussion): enable autovaccum on temp tables
Date: 2019-05-31 15:42:38
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, 31 May 2019 at 17:38, Adam Brusselback <adambrusselback(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Temp tables are not visibile outside of a single connection, so the
> autovacuum worker connection isn't able to see it.

I can connect as a superuser via psql while temp tables are being used and
I can examine tables in the pg_temp_* schemas, so that particular
separation isn't really a strong one. If there's a reason why autovacuum
isn't doable on temp tables, it's not that one. (maybe autovacuum would
work on the tables while the session disconnects, preventing the temp
tables from being dropped?)