Re: Call for design: PostgreSQL mugs

From: Alban Hertroys <haramrae(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Vincent Veyron <vv(dot)lists(at)wanadoo(dot)fr>
Cc: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Call for design: PostgreSQL mugs
Date: 2013-09-10 13:35:47
Lists: pgeu-general pgsql-general

On 10 September 2013 15:09, Vincent Veyron <vv(dot)lists(at)wanadoo(dot)fr> wrote:

> Le lundi 09 septembre 2013 à 14:17 -0700, John R Pierce a écrit :
> > On 9/9/2013 2:07 PM, Basil Bourque wrote:
>

> > > --> Lift the rounded-corner blue bar off the top of the
> > > PostgreSQL.org web site:
> > > http://www.postgresql.org/
> > > and wrap around a white mug.
> > >

> > > So, the left-handed see the elephant head and "PostgreSQL".
> > > The right-handed see "The world's most advanced open source
> > > database.".
> >

> > I like that. could even add a grey bar under it like the menu bar on
> > the website, but with buzzwords associated with postgresql, like
> > 'Transactional Data Integrity Extensible" or whatever.
>
> Nice for professionals, but the simplicity of the OP's proposition makes
> for a nice brand recognition, I find?
>
> I would suggest to write 'postgresl.org' for the message.

I agree that the website where the logo comes from obviously doesn't need a
written URL on the page, but it's a good addition to a mug.

Instead. I'd suggest to add that URL to the postgres website lower on the
same side (at the bottom, for example). I'd use the same font as in the
logo using a dark-gray colour.

...I wonder how long it will be before we have mugs where you can actually
tap the logo with a finger and get send to the website!