Re: poor pefrormance with regexp searches on large tables

From: Grzegorz Blinowski <g(dot)blinowski(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: poor pefrormance with regexp searches on large tables
Date: 2011-08-11 08:39:34
Lists: pgsql-performance

A small followup regarding the suggestion to turn off compression - I used:

ALTER TABLE archive_tender ALTER COLUMN subject SET STORAGE EXTERNAL

to turn off compression, however I get an impression that "nothing happend".
When exactly this alteration takes effect? Perhaps I should reload the
entire db from backup to change the storage method?

Regards,

greg

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 7:17 PM, Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov