Re: help troubleshooting invalid page header error

From: Cory Zue <czue(at)dimagi(dot)com>
To: chiru r <chirupg(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Sameer Kumar <sameer(dot)kumar(at)ashnik(dot)com>, PostgreSQL General Discussion Forum <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: help troubleshooting invalid page header error
Date: 2014-12-26 22:15:28
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Chiru,

I am trying to pg_dump the database to have a snapshot of the current
state. I've turned on 'zero_damaged_pages' but pg_dump is still failing
with an "invalid page header" error - this time from what looks like a
sequence object that is auto-setting IDs on a table. Any advice on how to
remove this error?

Here is the full query that's failing:

SELECT sequence_name, start_value, last_value, increment_by, CASE WHEN
increment_by > 0 AND max_value = 9223372036854775807 THEN NULL WHEN
increment_by < 0 AND max_value = -1 THEN NULL ELSE max_value END AS
max_value, CASE WHEN increment_by > 0 AND min_value = 1 THEN NULL WHEN
increment_by < 0 AND min_value = -9223372036854775807 THEN NULL ELSE
min_value END AS min_value, cache_value, is_cycled, is_called from
unfinishedsubmissionstub_id_seq