Re: Cleanup: Duplicated, misplaced comment in HeapScanDescData

From: Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Subject: Re: Cleanup: Duplicated, misplaced comment in HeapScanDescData
Date: 2022-11-21 11:34:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 21 Nov 2022 at 12:12, Matthias van de Meent
<boekewurm+postgres(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed that the comment on/beneath rs_numblocks in HeapScanDescData
> is duplicated above rs_strategy. I don't know if there should have
> been a different comment above rs_strategy, but the current one is
> definitely out of place, so I propose to remove it as per attached.
>
> The comment was duplicated in c2fe139c20 with the update to the table
> scan APIs, which was first seen in PostgreSQL 11.

I made a mistake in determining this version number; it was PostgreSQL
12 where this commit was first included. Attached is the same patch
with the description updated accordingly.

Kind regards,

Matthias van de Meent

Attachment Content-Type Size
v2-0001-Remove-duplicate-of-comment-under-rs_numblocks.patch application/octet-stream 987 bytes