Re: Aurora PostgreSQL Support

From: dbatoCloud Solution <dbatocloud17(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Prince Pathria <prince(dot)pathria(at)goevive(dot)com>
Cc: Rakesh T <aryan(dot)goti(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Aurora PostgreSQL Support
Date: 2021-02-19 12:35:10
Lists: pgsql-admin

Dear Rakesh

Prince is correct.

@Rakesh T # The below parameter value cannot be changed in aurora database.
I tried to change in parameter group level but there is no option even I
checked with AWS
It is not possible to change this setting. In our environment is Dataware
where we are having huge DML,Select & I/O happening I asked AWS to
support/give Dataware house best practice
so that I can follow but no support from AWS.

min_wal_size
max_wal_size
effective_io_concurrency
checkpoint_completion_target

It can be done in the community version.

My suggestion better to go-ahead with RDS-PostgreSQL, or EC2-> PostgreSQL
but not Aurora postgreSQL.

Thanks & Best Wishes,

Ashok

Ashokkumar Mani *(OCP12c/11g/10g/9i, AWS SAA, M103)*

*Dubai** , UAE* *| BLR , INDIA*

M: *+971 54 723 0075 *| *+91 90086 70302 | *WApp :* +91 81975 99922*

W: https://dbatocloudsolution.blogspot.in/
<http://dbatocloudsolution.blogspot.in/> | E: dbatocloud17(at)gmail(dot)com