Re: migration tool

From: Venkata B Nagothi <nag1010(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dhandapani Shanmugam <postgresql95(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: migration tool
Date: 2016-10-05 19:41:39
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 12:12 AM, Dhandapani Shanmugam <
postgresql95(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi Gurus,
>
> We are planning to migrate from Oracle to PostgreSQL database. I need your
> help to identify the right tool to migrate the oracle data, I tried ora2pg
> but looks very complex. Can you suggest any GUI tools for postgreSQL
> migration please?

Well, ora2pg is the widely used tool to migrate from Oracle to PostgreSQL.
You can actually migrate most part of the database automatically, except
PL/SQLs and VIEWs which you will have to re-write manually.

As of i know there is NO other open-source tools like ora2pg available.

Regards,
Venkata B N

Database Consultant/Architect