Re: Postgres upgrade 12 - issues with OIDs

From: Venkata B Nagothi <nag1010(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres upgrade 12 - issues with OIDs
Date: 2021-05-09 23:26:00
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sat, 8 May 2021 at 1:47 pm, Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>
wrote:

> On Sat, 2021-05-08 at 13:37 +1000, Venkata B Nagothi wrote:
> > We are thinking to upgrade to PG 11 instead so that we can avoid doing
> ALTER TABLE.. SET WITHOUT OIDs.
> > Does that makes sense ? Please advise if there are any gotchas !
>
> It makes sense, but it means that you will have to face the same problem
> later.
> However, for upgrading from v11 with little down time you may be able to
> use
> logical replication.

Yes, we will have a lot of time to deal with the OID problem later, good
thing is we will be out of 9.5 with less trouble. Hopefully we will be on a
better replication architecture soon which will make it much easier for us.

> Yours,
> Laurenz Albe
> --
> Cybertec | https://www.cybertec-postgresql.com