Re: Setup pgpool-II with streaming replication

From: Venkata B Nagothi <nag1010(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ashish Chauhan <Ashish(dot)Chauhan(at)support(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Setup pgpool-II with streaming replication
Date: 2016-09-08 00:45:30
Lists: pgsql-general

I gone through below articles but some or other way require DB server
> restart which is not possible in our case. Could you please provide some
> documentation or steps how to achive connection pooling without any
> downtime?

DB server restart ? Why do you think you need to restart the database ?
that can be confirmed if you could help us know your planned architecture
and the existing database configuration settings.

Yes, downtime is definitely needed as the Application needs to connect to
the database using pgPool port instead of DB port which is something to do
with the Application server.

Regards,
Venkata B N

Fujitsu Australia