Re: pg_xlog Concern

From: Venkata Balaji N <nag1010(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Sachin Srivastava <ssr(dot)teleatlas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_xlog Concern
Date: 2015-05-21 02:24:12
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 4:12 PM, Sachin Srivastava <ssr(dot)teleatlas(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Dear Venkata,
>
> I have not set this parameter "archive_timeout"
>
> I think that is also the reason.
>
> What value I'll assign to this parameter if my *Checkpoint_segments= 200 *and
> *checkpoint_timeout= 5min, *kindly confirm.

Before we get on to that, can you please let us know what is archive_status
directory saying. Do you see any files there ? if yes, what is there
extension ?
We need to first investigate why pg_xlog is growing, is it because of long
running transactions or archiving is not working as expected.
It is the checkpoint process which cleans up the WAL files from pg_xlog, if
that is not happening

Regards,
Venkata Balaji N

Fujitsu Australia