Re: PostgreSQL 9.3.5 - Enable SSL

From: Venkata Balaji N <nag1010(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: shyamkant(dot)dhamke(at)wipro(dot)com, pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 9.3.5 - Enable SSL
Date: 2016-02-22 04:12:50
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 3:48 AM, <shyamkant(dot)dhamke(at)wipro(dot)com> wrote:

> Please let me know if I have existing non-ssl setup how I can migrate it
> to SSL enabled setup?

Still you need to install postgresql with --with-openssl option on the
existing postgresql binaries and restart the postgresql instance post
installation.

> Also let me know in case streaming replication is on with non-SSL , do I
> need to follow same steps to enable SSL for replication server?

Replication has nothing to do with SSL as you want to enable SSL encryption
to application connections. The process remains the same for slave server
as well.

Regards,
Venkata B N

Fujitsu Australia