Postgres upgrade 12 - issues with OIDs

From: Venkata B Nagothi <nag1010(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgres upgrade 12 - issues with OIDs
Date: 2021-05-04 21:49:29
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi There,

We are attempting to upgrade our Postgres databases from 9.5 to 12.5 using
pg_upgrade link mode and are facing issues with OIDs.

ALTER TABLE... SET WITHOUT OIDs on the larger tables is taking very long
and is locking up the table as well. We do have tables of more than 1 TB of
size.
Is there any way to make this complete faster ? Any suggestions would be
great.

Regards,

Venkata B N
Database Consultant