Re: odbc to emulate mysql for end programs

From: William Dunn <dunnwjr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Mimiko <vbvbrj(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Posthresql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: odbc to emulate mysql for end programs
Date: 2015-06-01 22:25:10
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

PostgreSQL has a fully standards compliant ODBC driver (See:
https://odbc.postgresql.org/). Any application designed to communicate with
DBMS over ODBC connection should be able to use that driver to communicate
with PostgreSQL. Most applications that interact with databases come with
ODBC drivers pre-installed for the most common databases (MySQL, Microsoft
SQL Server, Oracle, etc.) but allow you to set up an ODBC driver for
another DBMS.

*Will J. Dunn*
*willjdunn.com <http://willjdunn.com>*