Re: Setting up HA postgresql

From: William Dunn <dunnwjr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Aviel Buskila <aviel33(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Setting up HA postgresql
Date: 2015-07-21 15:34:44
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello Aviel,

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 3:56 AM, Aviel Buskila <aviel33(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> How can I set a highly available postgresql in a share-nothing
> architecture?

I suggest you review the official documentation on high-availability
configurations linked below:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/high-availability.html

The most common configuration is to use PostgreSQL's built in
master/standby streaming replication. However you will need to develop any
fail-over logic you need yourself or use a third party tool such as
EnterpriseDB's Failover Manager.

*Will J. Dunn*
*willjdunn.com <http://willjdunn.com>*