Re: Better, consistent instrumentation for postgreSQL using a similar API as Oracle

From: Ranier Vilela <ranier(dot)vf(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Mladen Gogala <gogala(dot)mladen(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>, Pgsql Performance <pgsql-performance(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Better, consistent instrumentation for postgreSQL using a similar API as Oracle
Date: 2021-10-05 11:44:13
Lists: pgsql-performance

Em ter., 5 de out. de 2021 às 01:04, Mladen Gogala <gogala(dot)mladen(at)gmail(dot)com>
escreveu:

> As for Jeff Holt, I believe that a person of his stature needs to be
> taken seriously and not lectured "how are things done in Postgres
> community". I am rather confused by the thinly veiled hostility toward
> Oracle. In my opinion, Postgres community should be rather welcoming to
> Oracle people like Frits Hoogland, Frank Pachot or Jeff Holt.

I think that you're a little mistaken, the hostility of the "gurus" is not
exactly against Oracle guys,
but rather towards anyone who is not a "committer".
Just follow the pgsql-hackers list, and you'll see that newbies are very
unwelcome,
whether they're really newbies like me, or they're really teachers.

regards,
Ranier Vilela