Re: How Many Partitions are Good Performing

From: Andrew Staller <andrew(at)timescale(dot)com>
To: Rakesh Kumar <rakeshkumar464(at)mail(dot)com>
Cc: "Kumar, Virendra" <Virendra(dot)Kumar(at)guycarp(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How Many Partitions are Good Performing
Date: 2018-01-09 17:15:26
Lists: pgsql-general

This is the blog post that Rakesh referenced:
https://blog.timescale.com/time-series-data-postgresql-10-vs-timescaledb-816ee808bac5

Please note, this analysis is done in the context of working with
time-series data, where 1000s of chunks is not uncommon because of the
append-mostly nature of the workload.

--
TimescaleDB* | *Growth & Developer Evangelism
c: 908.581.9509

335 Madison Ave.
New York, NY 10017
http://www.timescale.com/