Re: Latest connections

From: desmodemone <desmodemone(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: bricklen <bricklen(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Karel Riverón Escobar <kre(at)uci(dot)cu>, "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Latest connections
Date: 2014-03-16 19:36:04
Lists: pgsql-admin

> On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 11:52 AM, Karel Riverón Escobar <kre(at)uci(dot)cu>wrote:
>
>> I'm kind of new in PostgreSQL administration and I need to know how to
>> get latest connections to my PostgreSQL Server. I don't really know if
>> something like that is possible, but I wanna know if all my databases are
>> really being used, because I have many of them.
>>

> From within the cluster, you can see connection and query times from the
> pg_stat_activity view. See
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/monitoring-stats.html#PG-STAT-ACTIVITY-VIEW

+1 for pg_stat_activity view

Moreover it's better you enable to logging of connection in postgresql.conf
to log who is connecting to your database , so you could trace some days.
See at parameters of postgresql.conf "log_connections" and
"log_line_prefix" , after change them, remember to do a reload with pg_ctl .

Mat Dba