If SyncRepWaitForLSN() fails, would the postgres backend do a roll-back?

From: Rui Hai Jiang <ruihaij(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: If SyncRepWaitForLSN() fails, would the postgres backend do a roll-back?
Date: 2016-06-08 09:53:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I'm researching the synchronous replication. I see the backend of the
Primary Server calls SyncRepWaitForLSN() to wait for the Standby Server to
write the WAL records.

If some thing happens, such as network failure or disk failure, causes the
Standby Server fail to receive WAL records or fail to write WAL records,
would the backend of the Primary Server catch and handle this failure?
Would the backend roll-back the transactions? Would the backend continue to
work?

If the transactions at the Primary Server need rollback, I think
SyncRepWaitForLSN() should return some information to the backend.

Thank you,
Rui Hai