How to deal with multiple accounts

From: Michel Feinstein <michelfeinstein(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgadmin-support lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How to deal with multiple accounts
Date: 2019-05-18 22:15:44
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi guys, I am looking for opinions on how you use pgAdmin for dealing with
several accounts.

For example, I have an "admin" account with all the privileges for the
database and a "restricted" account for my application to use. I also have
some other accounts for other purposes and I was looking for a convenient
way to log into those accounts and use pgAdmin with their privileges.

In MySQL Workbench this was fairly simple, since you configure Connections,
but in pgAdmin you configure Servers instead, and all those accounts are
new connections to the same Server.

So do you guys just create a new Server for each account/login on pgAdmin,
or do you have some other trick on how to deal this this?

Best wishes,

Michel.