PGDG status and policy

From: Steve Crawford <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com>
Subject: PGDG status and policy
Date: 2018-10-18 22:02:12
Lists: pgsql-general

While looking to install version 11 I discovered that the PGDG Yum
repository page at https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/redhat/ includes
repository RPMs for RHEL7 (x86_64 and ppc64Ie), and RHEL6 (x86_64 and
i386).

However there are no RPMs for version 6 of any derivatives (CentOS,
Scientific, Oracle) and the RPMs for all the RHEL derivatives are for
ppc64Ie only.

To what extent are the missing repos simply due to packagers being busy and
which are by policy? I looked for a packaging policy and failed to find
one. Does such a thing exist?

Cheers,
Steve