Re: replication topography

From: Steve Crawford <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com>
Subject: Re: replication topography
Date: 2019-02-27 22:22:51
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 12:59 PM Julie Nishimura <juliezain(at)hotmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Hello Steve,
> Thanks a lot for your info yesterday, it was very useful. If I run this
> command on some of the servers and the results look like this, what would
> it tell you?
>
> select * from pg_extension ;
> extname | extowner | extnamespace | extrelocatable | extversion |
> extconfig | extcondition
>
> --------------+----------+--------------+----------------+------------+-----------+--------------
> plpgsql | 10 | 11 | f | 1.0
> | |
> postgres_fdw | 10 | 2200 | t | 1.0
> | |

> postgres=# select * from pg_extension ;
> extname | extowner | extnamespace | extrelocatable | extversion |
> extconfig | extcondition
>
> ---------+----------+--------------+----------------+------------+-----------+--------------
> plpgsql | 10 | 11 | f | 1.0
> | |
> (1 row)
>
> I understood it is slony, the rest I need to find from hba file?

I am not experienced with Slony - others on this list will be better able
to help there. Somehow I was thinking it created an extension but I don't
think that's the case. You may find some info in the monitoring section of
the slony docs (http://www.slony.info/documentation/1.2/monitoring.html)
in particular looking for the existence of sl_* tables/views.

The postgres_fdw is the Foreign Data Wrapper extension (
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/postgres-fdw.html) and plpgsql is
the PL/pgSQL procedural language (
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/plpgsql.html)

(Be sure to reply-all so others on the list can help and future viewers can
find solutions.)

Cheers,
Steve