Re: BUG #12990: Missing pg_multixact/members files (appears to have wrapped, then truncated)

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: tgarnett(at)panjiva(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org, kgrittn(at)ymail(dot)com
Subject: Re: BUG #12990: Missing pg_multixact/members files (appears to have wrapped, then truncated)
Date: 2015-04-21 00:25:41
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi Alvaro

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 7:04 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> Here's a patch. I have tested locally and it closes the issue for me.
> If those affected can confirm that it stops the file removal from
> happening, I'd appreciate it.

I was also starting to look at this problem. For what it's worth,
here's a client program that I used to generate a lot of multixact
members. The patch seems to work correctly so far: as the offset
approached wraparound, I saw the warnings first with appropriate OID
and members remaining, and then I was blocked from creating new
multixacts.

Best regards,

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
explode_mxact_members.c text/x-csrc 1.9 KB