Re: 9.5 - Is there any way to disable automatic rollback?

From: Durumdara <durumdara(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 9.5 - Is there any way to disable automatic rollback?
Date: 2016-04-11 14:01:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Dear All!

>In PG it's seems to be different. PG silently rollback the actual

> transaction.
>>

> I am not seeing silent:
> ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
> transaction block

I say "silently", because first I didn't recognize that all things lost,
not only last stmt.
And I also say it, because the client library shows this error, but
datasets are remaining in edited, modified state (not just last record, all
priorly edited tables)

> My client controls, my client libraries, my client users believe that
>> changes were sent.
>>

> What are your client and client libraries?

PGDAC.

>> My client library lies that I'm "InTransaction", and in same transaction
>> I started(?). Every statement creates error message.
>>

> You are in the same transaction block until you issue the ROLLBACK or
> COMMIT.

Yes, I see. For Commit or Rollback I don't execute any selects, for
example: "select txid_current()", because I got that error...
Thanks.

> I think it's a little bit problematic. This is not under my control.
>> In AutoCommit mode ok, because it must drop the last modification, but
>> here no, I think.

In MS or FireBird the statements' modifications were stored in DB in limbo
state, so I can commit the prior statements. For this there are only
savepoints I think.

Thanks for your answers!

dd