Odd postgres12 upgrade is changing or munging a password?

From: Tory M Blue <tmblue(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Odd postgres12 upgrade is changing or munging a password?
Date: 2020-05-07 18:55:01
Lists: pgsql-general

Going from 9.5 to 12 and 2 times now, I've had a password either go missing
or munged. I've had to add an alter statement at the end of the upgrade.

The DB is functioning fine, shut it down, do the upgrade and the password
is munged. Seems like an odd occurrence, we have not noted any other weird
issues.

Anyone else see or hear of this?

Thanks
Tory